Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Thai Chili Sauce

This is not my finest photography!  I promise it taste good!

I know I talk about my small group A LOT, but they are just such an awesome group of people!  We never get tired of hanging out with these smiling faces.  

In the beginning of August, Mark and Mary rented a lake house on Lake Burton for all of us to enjoy for a long weekend.  We had so much fun!  You can't beat being on the water for a whole weekend.  We cooked at home, ate some great meals at resturants on the lake (taking the boat to dinner might be the coolest part), playing games (this got a little interesting:)), riding in the boat, skiing and wake boarding, and just floating in the lake with good friends.  Can we go back, please?!

The view from the upper deck

My handsome hubby about to wake board 

He's up

Showing off his skills

Skills that I do not have!

All the girls in the boat ready for dinner

I could go to dinner like this each night

Hostess with the mostest, Mark and Mary

Jordan and Tara

My favorite person in the world, my husband!

Jon and Lauren

Speaking of Mrs. Lauren...definitely check out her blog.  She is doing an awesome blog link up with photos each week.  

Happily Mother After

I couldn't resist this one of my sweet dog, Jackson.


I hosted a little get together last month.  The menu consisted of a Mexican dip (it wasn't exactly healthy so I haven't posted it yet:)), roasted garlic hummus (recipe coming soon), sweet thai chili sauce over baked chicken, and a few other things that I have already forgotten.  This sauce was easy to make and gave a great kick to the baked chicken.

Enjoy!

Sweet Thai Chili Sauce
Source:  She Simmers

Ingredients
  • 3 large garlic cloves, peeled
  • 2 red jalapeno or serrano peppers (I deseeded mine and they still had a lot of heat, but the more seeds you leave the hotter it gets)
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 3/4 cup water
  • 1/4 cup white vinegar
  • 1/2 tbsp. salt
  • 1 tbsp. cornstarch or potato starch
  • 2 tbsp. water
Directions:

Puree all the ingredients, except the last two, in a blender.  

Transfer the mixture to a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.  Lower to medium and simmer until sauce thickens, ~3 minutes.

Combine last two ingredients.  Whisk in the cornstarch mixture until well blended and simmer for 1 minute.

Remove from heat and place into glass container.  Store in refrigerator until ready to use.  


1 comment:

  1. Loved it! All of it! Thanks for linking up :) The new party begins tomorrow, so be searching for a new favorite pic! ;)

    I definitely would go back to the lake in a heartbeat!!!

    ReplyDelete