Here is a little peek at my baby bump at 4 months (16 weeks)!
I made this with fresh ground wheat and honey granules from Bread Beckers. Honey is a much healthier sweetener then white sugar. You still have some nutrients in honey where as white sugar has been bleached and processed to death. You can substitute honey granules for any recipe calling for white sugar.
Whole wheat before it is ground into flour
I hope you enjoy!
- 5 cups of mixed berries (fresh or frozen-I used frozen)
- 1 cup honey sucanat (granules)
- 1 cup of wheat flour (I used fresh ground flour; make your own at your local Whole Foods)
- 1 egg, beaten (or alternative if you are dairy free)
- 3/4 stick butter, melted (or alternative if you are dairy free)
- Vanilla ice cream
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Place berries in a square dish (~2qt.).
Combine sucanat and flour in a separate bowl. Beat egg and add to dry ingredients. Using a fork (or your hand) combine until mixture is crumbly.
Spread mixture on top of berries with your hands. Drizzle melted butter all over and bake for 40 mins or until golden.
Serve with ice cream...a MUST!