Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Berry Cobbler


Here is a little peek at my baby bump at 4 months (16 weeks)!



This recipe is about as healthy as you can get when it comes to making cobbler.  I originally received this one from Katherine and it was for peach cobbler, but my picky husband wouldn't dare touch that!  I thought that maybe he would eat cobbler with berries, but he still turned it down.  Who would have known he was raised in the south?!?!

I made this with fresh ground wheat and honey granules from Bread Beckers.  Honey is a much healthier sweetener then white sugar.  You still have some nutrients in honey where as white sugar has been bleached and processed to death.  You can substitute honey granules for any recipe calling for white sugar.  


Honey granules

Whole wheat before it is ground into flour



I hope you enjoy!

Berry Cobbler

Ingredients:
  • 5 cups of mixed berries (fresh or frozen-I used frozen)
  • 1 cup honey sucanat (granules)
  • 1 cup of wheat flour (I used fresh ground flour; make your own at your local Whole Foods)
  • 1 egg, beaten (or alternative if you are dairy free)
  • 3/4 stick butter, melted (or alternative if you are dairy free)
  • Vanilla ice cream
Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Place berries in a square dish (~2qt.).

Combine sucanat and flour in a separate bowl.  Beat egg and add to dry ingredients.  Using a fork (or your hand) combine until mixture is crumbly.  

Spread mixture on top of berries with your hands.  Drizzle melted butter all over and bake for 40 mins or until golden.

Serve with ice cream...a MUST!

Pre-baking


5 comments:

  1. You are the cutest thing!! Oh and that definitely looks like a dessert that I would love. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh now this looks good AND possible for me to make! But the best part of this post was your baby bump! You look so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cobbler was definitely delicious my friend! Glad you shared this recipe so that I can find it for future reference. :) And you know I love that bump!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blackberry cobbler is my all time favorite southern desserts. I had never made it, although I might have, had I realized it was not so difficult. So glad you shared this with us, and also with a much healthier twist than the traditional recipe. So wonderful to see you and the little Tutterrow too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Baby bump!!! You're adorable :)

    ReplyDelete