Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Chicken Taquitos



I am back!  Back to the blogging world and back from MEXICO!  Sorry for my absence.  We had so much going on before our trip.  Blogging would have just stressed me out.

In the taxi on the way to the resort after our airport issues.

We flew in on separate flights because Alex used Delta Sky Miles points and Air Tran was cheaper for me to buy a ticket on.  Everyone told us we could just meet at baggage claim.  Well, little did we know that Delta and Air Tran fly into two separate terminals.  So Alex was waiting patiently at his terminal for my flight to arrive and I am frantic at my terminal when I find out that Delta doesn't come there!  God definitely was in control of the situation because he got me to Alex's terminal just before he left to head over to mine.  What a mess that would have been if he left before I got to his. We did not find it very funny at the time, but we can laugh now.  Lesson learned, we will never fly separately again!  

We made it to the resort, now it is time for lunch.

We went to Playa del Carmen and had the most amazing and relaxing vacation.  The weather was perfect and the resort was beautiful.  It was built into a jungle like setting.  Everything was open and exposed to all the fun sites and animals.

Can you see the flamingos in the distance?

Alex and I were there by our selves for a few days then our friends Mark and Mary joined us.  It was great vacationing with people you love to hang out with.

This little guy hung out with us while we were waiting for the restaurant to open.

We also celebrated my 28th birthday while down there.

I don't want to overwhelm this blog with tons of pictures, so I will give you a few with each entry!

I felt it was appropriate though to start back with a Mexican recipe in honor of our trip:)  This meal is super quick to make.  You can bake the chicken ahead of time so it is just ready to go.

Chicken Taquitos



Ingredients:

  • 3/4  cup salsa
  • 1/4 cup sour cream
  • 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1 tsp. taco seasoning mix
  • 2 chicken breasts
  • 12 corn tortillas
  • Toppings: salsa, sour cream, guacamole, shredded cheese
Turn on oven to 350 degrees.  Bake two chicken breasts until meat thermometer reads 165 degrees.  



Heat oven to 375 degrees.  Shred chicken breasts using a fork.  Mix shredded chicken with salsa, sour cream, cheddar cheese, and taco seasoning.  Set aside.



Place a damp paper towel on plate.  Place corn tortillas on top and cover with another damp paper towel.  Heat for ~1 minutes in microwave.  Remove and keep covered.  

Spray baking sheet with non-stick spray.  

Remove one tortilla and place ~2 tbsp. of shredded chicken mixture in the middle.  Gently roll up and place seam side down on baking sheet.  Continue with the rest of the chicken mixture.  



Bake for ~15 minutes or until golden.  Serve with desired toppings.  

2 comments:

  1. I made almost the exact same thing last night but with leftover pork! Yum. Your trip looks so fun - it's funny b/c you were feeling like there were too many pics/stories for just one post but I wanted to see more right away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This just makes my mouth water and woohoo for your awesome vacation (: Y'all are the cutest couple!

    ReplyDelete