Pages

Friday, June 17, 2011

Chicken Sausage and Veggie Bowl



One of Alex's best friends, Scott, and his wife, Katie, are having a baby!  Alex always gets frustrated when I say "they are having a baby" and quickly reminds me that "they" are not having a baby, but "she" is having a baby.  Details, details.  I was so excited when I heard the news and couldn't wait to start planning a shower.  With the help of a few other girls, we put on a good spread of food and Katie got many of the essentials for their new baby boy!

 What is a baby shower without a diaper cake?


 The food table:  we served brie bake, veggie platter, chicken salad sandwiches, fruit, sausage balls, hamburger sliders, pasta salad, and my spinach artichoke dip.

Summer and Jessica

Scott's mom (soon to be grandma to baby Buchholz) and my wonderful mother-in-law, Susan

Joanna, who is due one month after Katie, Jessica, and Summer

Yummy desserts!  We decorated with blue hydrangeas since it is a boy!

Katie's friends

There's the mom to be, Katie, Mrs. Kimberlin, and Kay (another one of the grandma's to be)

Unfortunately, the next night I came down with a stomach bug and couldn't enjoy all the left over food.  It was a rough experience.  My stomach took a full week to recover, but only missed one day of work thank goodness.

Since I wasn't feeling so hot the next week, we kept our meals simple.  I grabbed a package of Trader Joe's chicken sausage and figured we could mix it in with some veggies from the garden.  


This recipe was super easy and quick!  Feel free to change it up with whatever veggies you have in the refrigerator.  

Chicken Sausage and Veggie Bowl

Ingredients:
  • 1 tbsp. olive oil
  • 1/2 of an onion, chopped
  • 2 zucchini's, chopped
  • 1 squash, chopped  
  • 2 chicken sausage links, sliced
  • 1-2 tsp. minced garlic (your preference depending on how much garlic you like, I did 2 tsp.:)) 
  • salt and pepper to taste
Heat pan over medium heat.  Add olive oil.  Add onions and garlic, saute for 1 minute; add zucchini and squash, saute for 5 minutes; add sausage and cook until sausage is browned.  Add salt and pepper to taste.  


2 comments:

  1. You are, of course, a terrific chef, but anything with Andouille sausage is just cheating. That stuff would be good with sauteed gym socks.

    And speaking of your veggies, KP and I are LOVING your zucchini. Mike hasn't had a chance to score any yet because Katie and I keep eating it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, you stepped it up!!! I haven't even looked at PDub's blog in a couple months but I'm back in the blog world and just looked over your last few posts. I don't really know what you did, but it all looks great! PIcs rock and content is very interesting and fun to read! Now that I finally have a cookeable (not a word) kitchen, you have to come teach me!!

    ReplyDelete