Pages

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Zucchini Bread or Muffins



Hello?  Are you still there?  I am so sorry for my prolonged absence in the blogging world.  I have noticed a trend, when we are going out of town I stop blogging.  I think the stresses of traveling take over my brain!

I am hoping to get you all caught up on the happenings of The Tutterrow's over this next week.

Going back to a a few weekends ago, I had the honor of celebrating the engagement of one of my best friend's, Ali and Jamil.  I have known Ali since 5th grade when she transferred to my elementary school, Immaculate Heart of Mary.  We became quick friends, but our friendship truly grew in high school at Lakeside.  Ali went on to college at Georgia Southern while I attended University of Georgia.  Our friendship has stayed strong and I am grateful to be living so much closer to my dear friend.

Ali and Jamil met in preschool, but did not start dating until high school.  With only a short period of time apart in college, they have been falling in love over the past 10+ years.  We were so thrilled when he FINALLY popped the question!  I look forward to February when I will be standing next to Ali on her wedding day on the beautiful beaches of Mexico!  Yes, I will be headed back to the same resort that we stayed in back in March.

Here are a few pictures of us on my wedding day, April 22, 2006.

Ali always knows how to make me laugh




Love her!

Here is a peak at the super fun engagement party!

Ali and Jamil

Molly with Ali's new niece, Ryan

Isn't she adorable!  Lauren had a cutie!

Ali and her sweet mom, Lynn

Ali and her sweet friend, Sara, from Georgia Southern

Kendra, a childhood friend, and Ali

Grandma with her sweet new grandchild

I was kinda obsessed with Ryan!

Me, Molly, and Sandi, high school best friends!


They had a mariachi band!

The Lakeside crew

Jamil and Ali with her parents

Ali with her family

Love, love, love these amazing girls!

Most of the bridesmaids

Come on Mexico!

With my garden growing like crazy, I decided to branch out and make something other then sauteed zucchini. I found this recipe in my Bread Beckers recipe book.  Super easy and yummy!

My picky husband told me he wouldn't eat them because they had zucchini in them.  After a little coaxing, he was chowing down on one of his new favs!

If you are a new follower, you can see my opinion on using freshly ground wheat with a gluten sensitivity.

Zucchini Bread or Muffins

Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 cups grated zucchini 
  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1/2 cup raisins
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 1/2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  

Beat together with electric mixer, oil and honey.  Beat in eggs and vanilla.  Stir in grated zucchini.  Combine dry ingredients and add to liquid mixture.  Stir in raisins.  Pour into greased 1 1/2 lb. loaf pan or muffin tins.  Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes for loaf pan or 12-15 for muffins.  

No comments:

Post a Comment