Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

Caramel Popcorn



I am thrilled to announce that yet another one of my best friend's from high school, Ashley Broughman, is engaged!

Ashley and I met in 9th grade at Lakeside High School.  She quickly became one of my closest friends.  We saw each other through many ups and downs from 9-12 grade.  We created so many memories over those four years:  senior high school pranks, spring breaks, and girls nights.

We went on to University of Georgia for undergrad.  She joined Delta Zeta our freshman year, while I dropped out of rush because I was so confused with what I expected from a sorority.  The next year, I attempted rush again and joined her as a DZ sister!  College was a blast, but our paths did not cross as much as they did in high school.

After graduation, Ashley went off to Augusta, GA to the Medical College of Georgia to get her Masters degree in Nursing while I got married and started graduate school at North Georgia College and State University for my Doctorate in Physical Therapy.  Again, we didn't get to see each other as much as we would have liked.  After Ashley graduated she moved back to the Buckhead area.  This allowed us to start doing girls dinners again now that she was only an hour away from me.

It has been so great to really reconnect these past few years.  We never lost touch, but we both lead very busy lives and just didn't have adequate time to catch up.  I have watched Ashley find herself as an accomplished nurse, Young Life leader, and a woman of faith.  Seth is one lucky man!

Congratulations, Ashley!  I can't wait to celebrate this special time with you!

Celebration dinner at Party Chic.  Ashley, Me, and Ali

The next three pictures are from Molly's wedding.  

Ashley, Molly, Ali, and Me at Molly's bridesmaid luncheon

Ali, Me, Molly, and Ashley at the rehearsal dinner

Karina, Ashley, Maureen, Molly, Me, Ali, and Sandi our Lakeside crew at Molly's wedding

I made this awesome popcorn for our small group when we had snack night.  It was a big hit and super easy to make.  This is not very healthy, but a little indulgence can't hurt!

Easy Caramel Popcorn
Source:  Breadbeckers

Ingredients:

  • 1 stick of butter
  • 3/4 cup honey
  • 8 cups popped popcorn (I think it took about 3 bags for me)
  • 1/2-1 cup peanuts (I used 1/2 cup)
Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Pop popcorn and place in a large bowl.

Melt butter and honey together over medium heat.  Bring to a boil and let boil for about 1 minute stirring constantly.  Pour over popcorn and peanuts and mix thoroughly to coat.  

Spread parchment paper over baking sheet.  Pour caramel popcorn on to baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.  Stir and bake for 5 more minutes or until golden brown.  

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats to Ashley! So excited for her!!!

    Guess we missed the night you made this yummy-looking popcorn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Thank you! I had already forgotten the recipe...

    ReplyDelete