Pages

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Thai Honey Peanut Chicken



This was delicious!  I normally lean towards the Thai dishes made with chili sauce vs. peanut type sauces, but this did not disappoint.  Great flavor with just a little Thai kick at the end.

I used natural peanut butter.  If you use regular (Jiff, Skippy, etc) instead of natural reduce the honey by 1 tbsp.

I let this marinate for over 24 hours.  We were supposed to make it last night, but Alex found out yesterday that his fractured finger needed a few screws today.  He decided he needed a "man meal" at Longhorns instead of this for dinner.  So being the good wife I am, I agreed!

It was super easy to make.  I was thankful for a quick meal so I could get back to tending to my post-operative patient that is lying on my couch.  We served it with steamed broccoli topped with a little soy sauce and basmati rice.  Enjoy!



Thai Honey Peanut Chicken
Source:  Pioneer Woman's Tasty Kitchen Blog

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb. chicken cut into pieces
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 2 tbsp. honey
  • 1 tbsp. lime juice
  • 1 large clove garlic
  • 1 heaping tbsp. natural peanut butter
  • 1/2 tsp. curry powder
  • 1 tsp. sriracha (thai hot sauce, this is optional, but highly recommended)
Directions:

Mix ingredients and marinate chicken in a bowl for 2-3 hours (or 24+:))

Cook chicken and the marinade over medium high heat for 7-8 minutes or until chicken is done.  Reduce heat to medium low and add precooked veggies if desired.  Serve topped with sesame seeds.


No comments:

Post a Comment