Pages

Friday, April 22, 2011

Roasted Green Beans and Chicken Sausage





Today is such a special day because it is our FIVE year anniversary!  I am so blessed to have met such an amazing man that can tolerate all my craziness.  We had my friend Ali read the following verse at our wedding:


1 Corinthians 13: 4-7
 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.


Alex lives out this verse everyday in our lives.  He is such an amazing leader for me and shows me nothing but unconditional love.  I am honored to have him as my husband, and look forward to growing with him for the rest of our lives.


My amazing, picky husband:)

Alex definitely surprised me with this new camera!  Not just any camera, but an SLR which I have been wanting for a long time.  After talking to some friends in photography, he went with the Nikon D40.

I love it!

I am very intimidated by technology of any sort, including this new guy.  I plan on taking a class with Lauren soon so I can take full advantage of all the cool things it can do.  Until then, I will continue to snap away at things around the house...primary subject=the dogs:)  Hope you don't get too sick of looking at our four legged children.

Tini jumped up in Alex's lap hoping to find some good eats on the kitchen table.  Look at her licking her lips!

Tucker is my big teddy bear!


I feel like Jackson looks like the wolf from Little Red Riding Hood.


"Grandma, what big teeth you have", said Little Red Riding Hood
"Better to eat you with, my dear", said the wolf

We were supposed to grab dinner with some good friends last night, but plans fell through when one of them got sick.  Boo for colds.  I ran to Trader Joe's to pick up something quick and easy.  I decided that roasting veggies is my new favorite thing.  I grabbed some green beans and chicken sausage to throw together last night.  It was super yummy and easy.  

I think I could eat this with just about anything and call it the best dish ever.

Roasted Green Beans and Chicken Sausage
Ingredients:
  • Green Beans, wash and trim ends
  • Kosher Salt
  • Olive Oil
  • Chicken Sausage of your choice
Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  While it is heating, spread green beans on baking sheet.  Drizzle beans with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.  Bake until the beans look shriveled and slightly browned.  ~15 minutes.  


BEFORE

AFTER

While the beans are roasting, cut sausage and saute over medium in pan until browned.  






Combine once completed.





No comments:

Post a Comment