Pages

Monday, April 25, 2011

Spring Salsa



What a fun Easter weekend!  We started it off on Friday night with our anniversary dinner at Hal's.  Alex and I agree, it was the best steak we have ever had.  I had the filet with crab meat and a side of hollandaise sauce.  Alex had something with a bone in it:)  Mine was definitely better.

Doesn't he look so cute!  I love getting dressed up for a fun dinner.  Alex is more of a shorts and flip flops kind of guy.

Do you think he has changed in the past 5 years?

Saturday, I took care of stuff around the house while Alex worked.  We went to dinner that night with our friend's, Lauren and Jon.  This was a "make-up" dinner from a few weeks before, when Jon didn't feel so good.  We ate at INC on the Roswell square.  Dinner was awesome!  Lauren and I split the Tacos Al Pastor. They are pork tacos with pineapple, YUM!  I tried these for the first time when we were in Mexico.

Most of the restaurants on the square have outside seating.  Perfect for this time of year.

Lauren and Jon

Sunday morning we went to the 9 o'clock service at North Point Community Church.  Andy gave an amazing sermon.  Each year I think it can't get any better than this, and then it does.  We came home and got to work on the yard (by we I mean Alex) and went grocery shopping (that would be just me).  While I worked on this salsa and dessert (coming soon), Alex gave my car a much needed wash.  

"Best husband ever" award!

Jackson, resting his head on the window seal while Alex worked in the yard.  He is such a daddy's boy.

Yesterday evening, we went to Alex's parent's house for Easter dinner.  Susan prepared yummy BBQ, green beans, apples, and potatoes.  After dinner we sat around watching Tini and their dog, Makaya, play.  

 Makaya

Tini stole Makaya's bed

Now Tini is posing on the fire place for some BBQ.

This salsa was easy to make and had a great flavor.  Super fresh for this spring weather.  Enjoy!

Spring Salsa
Adapted from Southern Living

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 cups of grape tomatoes, seeded and chopped
  • 1 cup of shoepeg corn (canned or frozen, thawed)
  • 1/4 cup chopped red onion
  • 2 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
  • 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
  • 1 tsp. garlic salt
  • Additional salt and pepper to taste
  • Serve with tortilla chips or on a grilled chicken wrap
Directions:
Mix all the ingredients together.  Chill and serve.  


1 comment:

  1. Yum, I love fresh salsa! I'll have to try this one. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete