Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Shrimp Caesar Salad



Life has been super crazy in the Tutterrow house.  This week is no excpetion.  We have dinner plans every night...meaning you probably won't see a lot of blogging in the next week or so because I am not doing very much cooking.

I enjoyed lunch last week with my sorority sister, Rachel, and her sweet baby girl, Yardley.  We ate at one of my favorite places, Party Chic.  The weather was awesome so we sat outside.  Yardley loved taking it all in.

Yardley fell asleep in my arms...this didn't give me baby fever at all:)

Such a cute momma!

After lunch my awesome husband took me shopping for cowboy boots.  I have wanted boots since my freshman year in college, but thought it was just a phase that would pass.  Well, here I am 10 years later still wanting boots.  I decided I was the only person on the planet that did not own a pair when we went to Nashville.  The Zac Brown concert is coming up in a few weeks so I figured that would be a good debut of the new kicks!

I decided to wear them around the house after my run the other day...just breaking them in:)  Ignore my pale, pale legs!

PS-who knew cowboy boots were so comfortable.  I guess those are lessons you don't learn growing up in the city.

This is a special week for many reasons.  First it is Holy Week, the week before Easter.  Easter is such an important event that we celebrate as Christians.  We care celebrating the resurrection of Jesus Christ.  Through Jesus' death, burial, and resurrection, He paid the price for our sins, allowing us to have eternal life through Him.  Second, it is our anniversary week!  Friday, I will have been married to the love of my life for 5 YEARS!  It has flown by.  It has been so awesome to see how much we have both grown in the past 5 years.  God placed me with the perfect person and I feel so blessed!

You may remember my original post on making your own caesar dressing.  This one is much easier and a little more mild if you are not crazy about the anchovy flavor.

To get a hard boiled egg:  place egg(s) in a pot and fill with water until eggs are covered with ~1 inch of water. Bring water to a boil.  Once water is boiling, cover pot, and remove from heat for 12 minutes.

I think this shrimp marinade would be good on chicken too.  Bake it then cut it into bite size pieces.

Enjoy!

"Give me your shrimp or else!"

"I am sitting so well, please feed me!"


Shrimp Caesar Salad
Source: Adapted from Everyday Food



Ingredients:

  • 3/4 lb. large peeled and deveined shrimp, thawed  (I used jumbo because that was in the freezer)
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 tbsp. grated lemon zest, plus 2 tbsp. lemon juice (approximately 2 lemons will get you both of these)
  • 4 tbsp. olive oil
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 hard boiled egg yolk, mashed
  • 1 tsp. dijon mustard
  • 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus extra for serving
  • 2 large hearts of romaine lettuce
  • Wooden or metal skewers
Directions:

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.  In a medium bowl, combine shrimp, half the garlic, lemon zest, and 1 tbsp. oil. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat.  Thread shrimp onto wooden or metal skewers.  Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and transfer skewers to sheet and bake until shrimp is opaque throughout ~7 minutes. 

While shrimp is cooking, combine in a large bowl: remaining garlic, lemon juice, 2 tbsp. oil, egg yolk, and mustard; season with salt and pepper.  Whisk until well combined; stir in parmesan cheese.  Add romaine and toss to coat.  Sprinkle salad with more parmesan and serve with shrimp skewers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment