Pages

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Blondies

Hello chocolate!

I had so much fun last weekend with my best friend, Molly, and some of her sorority sisters from UGA.  We went to Lake Nottely and had an awesome day in the sun.

None of us knew how to drive a boat, but Molly was brave and took on the challenge.  We were so glad to be out on the water with this gorgeous view!


I made this dessert when we went to visit Mae, Kristen, and Cody.  Kristen is dairy free and I am gluten free.  So, when I found this recipe on Chocolate-Covered Katie's Blog I knew I must give it a shot.  I was a little nervous using chickpeas as the primary ingredient in a dessert.  I have heard of people using black beans in brownies, but chickpeas?  

It was a huge hit!  I was so impressed with how well they turned out.  You would have no idea what they were made of unless I told you.  

Don't be scared if you taste the batter.  I thought the batter still tasted like chickpeas, but sometime in the oven that flavor took on the yummy flavor of a dessert bar.  

Please feel free to change it up and use white chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, or anything you would like!

Enjoy!

Blondies
Ingredients:
  • 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed well
  • 3/4 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/8 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/8 tsp. salt
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup ground flax seed
  • 1/4 cup peanut butter
  • 1/3 cup of chocolate chips (I did not measure this step, just keep pouring until you like the amount in the batter.  Once you spread the batter in the pan, top with more chips:))
Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Blend all ingredients (except chips) until very smooth. Mix in chips, and scoop into a greased (or tinfoil-lined) 8×8 pan. Bake for 38-40 minutes (mine only baked for about 28). You want the blondies to look a little undercooked when you take them out, because they’ll firm up as they cool, and you don’t want them to get hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment