Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Spicy Queso



Saturday was a super fun day.  It gave me a little taste of summer, but I am not ready to wish away spring just yet.  We went to Mark and Mary's house and laid out by their pool during the day.  Mary and I made yummy snacks to enjoy while soaking up some sun.  I brought along this queso and of course Alex's favorite salsa.  The queso is super flavorful.  I just put it all in my mini crock pot and plugged it in at the pool to keep it warm.  It reheated great for an appetizer for Mother's Day on Sunday.

After our time at the pool we headed over to the Verizon Wireless Amphitheater for the Zac Brown Band concert. I was a little disappointed in the show.  They jammed out a lot vs. playing the songs I love.  I get bored with those kind of concerts.  Alex says I don't truly appreciate the music:)  If you went Friday night, I heard the show was much better.

Mark and Alex hanging out before the concert.

Mary and I are ready to go!

We've got our seats and are enjoying people watching

These two clowns couldn't take a normal picture if they tried.

The whole gang!

Spicy Queso
Source:  Southern Living May 2011

Ingredients

  • 1 small onion, diced
  • 1 tbsp, oil
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 1 16 oz. package of Velveeta pepper jack cheese, cubed
  • 1 10 oz can diced tomatoes and green chilies
  • 2 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
Serve with tortilla chips

Directions:
Cook onion in hot oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat 8 minutes or until tender.  Add garlic, and cook 1 minutes. Remove from heat.

Combine cheese, tomatoes, and onion mixture in a large microwave safe glass bowl. Microwave on high for 5 minutes, stirring every 2.  Stir in cilantro.  (You can also heat it up in a crock pot bowl and serve in crock pot to keep warm).

No comments:

Post a Comment