Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Blueberry Muffins


I made these yummy muffins for our next door neighbors.  They just had a sweet little girl, Sophia.  I thought muffins would be great for a snack or breakfast on the run.  

Although I have a gluten intolerance, I did make these with freshly ground wheat.  You can read about my theory of eating wheat with a gluten intolerance here.  

Last Monday, I got a phone call from an unknown number.  I answered, expecting it to be a wrong number.  To my surprise it was a lady from Trader Joe's telling me I had won the "bring your own bag" prize.  If you are not familiar with Trader Joe's, you can bring your own reusable bag and fill out a slip of paper with your name and number for a drawing each week.

I felt like I had hit the jack pot!  I got another reusable bag and all the fixings for a Mexican and Italian meal.  They must have known I love Mexican food!  I will definitely be filling out these little slips each time I go in, even if I am in a hurry!


tomato sauce, Tuscan Italian dressing, wheat spaghetti, marinara sauce, black olives, fruit roll ups, brownie mix, chips, reusable bag, black beans, refried beans, taco seasoning, taco shells, salsa, and corn.  Not too shabby!  

Blueberry Muffins
Source:  Bread Beckers Cookbook

Ingredients:
  • 2 1/4 cups freshly milled flour
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 cup buttermilk
  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup of fresh or frozen blueberries
Directions:
Heat oven to 400 degrees.
    Mix dry ingredients together.  Add all wet ingredients and stir until mixed.  Spread additional olive oil in muffin
    tins to prevent it from sticking.  Fill each tin 3/4 of the way.  Bake for 15-20 minutes.  (Our oven cooks super fast so 15 was plenty.)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment