Pages

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Blood Oranges



I just discovered blood oranges last week while I was shopping at Trader Joe's.  I grabbed a bag so I could take one to work each day for a mid-morning snack.  I was a little nervous when I cut my first one open and saw how they got their name (the insides are indeed the color of blood).

After smelling them (yes, I needed to make sure they weren't too odd) I decided to give it a try.  Delicious!  They were a little tangier than your average sweet orange, but still sweet enough.  It was a nice break from traditional oranges.  These guys are also packed with 110% of your daily vitamin C.  You can't beat that!

The only con to these guys...they are a little bit more messy to eat then a traditional orange because of the color.

Oh, and my picky husband won't touch them because of the color.  One day!

Here is a website if you want even more information.

What is your favorite healthy snack at work?

No comments:

Post a Comment