Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

Mexican Mac 'n Cheese



How could I resist this recipe!  A Mexican twist on any recipe should be excellent.

This was super easy to make and had a great flavor.  It makes a ton so get ready for leftovers too.  I think I might actually have to freeze some since we have so much.

I served it with a simple salad.

My allergies have really kicked in this week with the warm weather.  That means I haven't been exercising like I should because I just feel drained.  Hopefully my body will adjust and I can get back out there this weekend.  Any tips of what you do when your feeling a little sluggish and do not want to exercise?

Hope you enjoy the recipe.

Taco Mac
Source:  Adapted from annies-eats.net



Ingredients:

  • 1 lb. lean ground beef
  • 8 oz. dry pasta (gluten free)
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 1-14 oz. can of diced tomatoes
  • 4 tbsp. taco seasoning
  • 3 oz. cream cheese
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • Salt and Pepper to taste
  • Shredded cheddar cheese for topping
Directions:

Bring a pot of water to a boil for pasta.  Cook pasta according to package directions.  Scoop out a 1/2 cup of pasta water before draining.  Set aside.

While pasta is cooking, in a large skillet cook ground beef over medium high heat.  When beef is almost cooked through add chopped onions.  Cook until translucent and beef is done.  Next, add minced garlic.  Cook ~30 sec. or until fragrant.  Mix in tomatoes and taco seasoning.  Cook for 5 minutes over medium heat.    Stir in cooked pasta, cream cheese, sour cream, and reserved pasta water.  Stir until cream cheese is melted and sauce is well mixed.  Add salt and pepper to taste.  Simmer over medium-low heat 3-5 minutes to reduce sauce.  Top with shredded cheddar cheese and cilantro (I forgot this part:).  

No comments:

Post a Comment