Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

Breakfast Smoothie



I realized the other morning that I have never blogged on my breakfast smoothie.  I drink this EVERY morning except Sunday's when Alex and I cook breakfast.

It is super quick and easy + very healthy.  Alex is now drinking it too!

You can play around and make it your own depending on what fruits and veggies (yes, spinach and kale can be added without changing the taste).

I buy my protein powder from Progressive Medical Center.  It is the perfect flavor.  It doesn't taste like nasty, chalky powder.  Alex uses RAW protein which I think tastes disgusting.  Maybe I am becoming the picky one in the relationship:)  Regardless of what you use just be very conscious of the ingredients.  Some are packed full of things your body doesn't need.  Both of our choices are vegan.  I limit my dairy intake where I can (protein powder, almond milk, and coconut creamer) so this was an easy choice for me.  Let me know if you have any other questions on protein powder.

Breakfast Smoothie (or anytime of day meal)

I have been using regular frozen blueberries, but after reading an article on pesticides I figured this might be an area to step up and buy organic since I consume it daily.

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup almond milk
  • 2 scoops of protein powder
  • 1 banana
  • 3/4 cup of frozen blueberries
  • 1 tbsp. ground flax seed
Put it all in the blender and turn it on.  We have a vitamix which gets everything nice and smooth, but when I used a regular blender I often had some blueberry chunks that would not blend up.  

No comments:

Post a Comment