Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Spinach Feta Dip

I had to sample it to make sure it was edible:)

We went to Alex's parent's house on Monday for dinner.  We were celebrating Dakin's birthday!  Susan made yummy potatoes, cesar salad, and steaks.  It was awesome.  Oh, and how could I forget the apple pie.  I didn't get to eat the crust, but the filling was delicious.

I love the time spent at family dinner gatherings.  It is relaxing and always full of good conversation.

I brought an appetizer to share.  It was super easy to throw together.  I served it with tortilla chips and cucumber slices.   I think pita chips would have been a better pick for those who do eat gluten.

My picky husband does not like feta or cucumbers so he opted out of eating this one!

Speaking of my picky husband, I just finished a great book that was recommended by my friend Lauren.  It is a good read for any wife, but especially ones that struggle with balancing attention from her husband and his attention with his job.  Here is a link to read a preview of Her Husband is Known in the Gates.



Spinach Feta Dip
Source:  Annie's Eats



Ingredients:
  • 2 cloves of garlic
  • 3/4 cup mayonnaise
  • 3/4 cup sour cream
  • 4 oz. crumbled feta
  • 1/2 tsp. grated lemon zest
  • 10 oz. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
  • Ground black pepper to taste
Directions:
In a food processor or blender, pulse the garlic until finely chopped.  Add in the mayonnaise, sour cream, feta and lemon zest.  Process until smooth, scraping down the bowl as needed.  Transfer the mixture to a bowl, stir in the spinach and season with black pepper to taste.  Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.  

No comments:

Post a Comment